The first step in the Rover Training Scheme is the ‘Introduction to Rovers’. Designed to integrate with standard Squire Training, the course has been adapted from the ‘Introduction to Scouting’ course that Leaders are required to attend at the start of their training.
The course covers the following areas:
- Aims & Principles of the Scout Association
- Religious Obligation
- Rover Government – Where you fit in and the general responsibilities of Regions, Branches and National
- What Rovers do – including Rover Activities & Properties
- Baden Powell Scout Award – A brief run down of how to go about getting the Award
- Squire Training & Invested Rovers
- Crew Life
- Service – including the Service Awards available to Victorian Rovers
- Rover Training Scheme Pathways
- And plenty of chances to ask Questions!!
The only pre-requisite for this course is that you be a registered member of a Rover Crew. Once you have completed this course, you are able to attend the Rover Basic, will be handed the Orange In-service & Skills Training Book, other Resources and you’ll know more about Rovers than before you walked in!
The course is co-ordinated by the Region Training & Development Officers in conjunction with the Branch Rover Council Training Officer & Victorian Rover Training Team.
How do I apply? Send in a complete TR1 (Adult Training Application Form) along with a cheque for $20 to the relevant Scout Service Centre for your region (Payable to ‘Scouts Australia – Victorian Branch’), or Apply Online Here!
Who do I contact for Dates, Locations and Enquires?
Visit the Training Enquiry Page to submit a question or ask to be booked into a course.
Upcoming Training Opportunities: