Welcome to steps two & three of the Rover Training Scheme: the Basic Sectional Techniques Course – Rovers.. aka the Rover Basic. It is divided into two parts, Common Core and Basic Sectional Training.
The Common Core component comprises of three topics:
- Scouting Knowledge and Fundamentals includes the Technical tasks and In-Service Activities.
- Leadership & situational styles
- Personal Skill Development
The Rover Basic Sectional component contains four components:
- Organisational Management, Rules and Regulations, Counselling, Public Relations, Position Roles.
- Programming Organised to meet the development needs of both the individual, Crew and the Aim of the Scouting Association.
- Sectional Techniques, Squire Training, Award Scheme, Chairmanship, Health Awareness and Safety Issues, Service.
- Outdoor Activities and Environment, Adventurous Activities, Risk Management, Respond to Emergency situations.
Experience has shown that the most successful Rovers in meeting development needs of young people are those who have an understanding of leadership and small group process, the ability to relate successfully with young Adults, the ability to employ resources and the ability to show young Adults how to plan and implement their ideas.
After completing the Basic and the Blue Course Book, you will be able to apply for a Certificate III in Business and also the Certificate III in Leadership Support if you currently hold a First Aid Certificate, however the Certificate III is not compulsory, especially if you plan to complete the Advanced Course and Certificate IV soon afterwards.
The course is co-ordinated by the Branch Training Team, Victorian Rover Training Team and the Region Service Centres.
How do I apply? Send in a complete TR1 (Adult Training Application Form) along with a cheque to the relevant Scout Service Centre for your region (Payable to ‘Scouts Australia – Victorian Branch’), or Apply Online Here!
Who do I contact for Dates, Locations and Enquires?
The Training page on MyScout.
Visit the Training Enquiry Page to submit a question or ask to be booked into a course.
Upcoming Training Opportunities: